Rosen's Mafia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HailMarek

The Aetherialists - Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Aetherialists - Discussion Thread

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:32 pm
I'm inclined to avoid pressuring Nictis and just kill him later if nobody else does. Getting into a Day cagematch with him is beyond my skill, at any rate.
Frenzy
Frenzy

The Aetherialists - Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Aetherialists - Discussion Thread

Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:56 pm
You posted that like simultaneously with me deciding to poke Nictis and I didn't get the alert in time. Whoops.

It should be alright though, just don't attach yourself to me too much and you should be fine even if this goes poorly for me.
HailMarek

Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:05 pm
Yeah no I think you going after Nictis here is fine, it even creates some nice distance between us, though it has landed you on his radar so we're definitely gonna want him dead sooner rather than later now.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:01 pm
well that went well.
HailMarek

Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:48 pm
Yeah, hitting Uninitiated is nice for us especially, as it ups the odds that one of us gets picked up tonight so we can really get into it. Good pivot on the activity thing, that hopefully shouldn't get too much attention on you considering it was a legitimate point. Obviously to some extent we'll have to see what the night brings, but any lines of attack or defense you're currently looking at for D2?
Frenzy
Frenzy

Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:19 pm
General sense that I'll probably have to follow up on the Nictis thing, because Nictis probably won't let that one lie if nothing else.

Don't really have any proper plans though, so if you have any I'm all ears.
HailMarek

Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:29 pm
Hm, not currently. Intuition is that we can try & bring the Pyro thing back if we're in a tight spot - that's one of the reasons I wanted to shift wagons - but I'm still trying to get a handle on how Day play will go in this game TBH.

ondine's also notably sus of Nictis and likely won't be reassured by JBJ's flip so we, by which I mostly mean you, might be able to lure her into going harder on that. That could give you a bit of cover rather than leaving you stuck in a 1v1 if Nictis pushes the issue & you can't disengage.

Frenzy likes this post

HailMarek

Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:02 am
Oh, here's a question - if we are recruited, should we be active/encourage activity in the public chat, or should we stay quiet? Opinions on the correct approach seem legitimately divided in-thread so neither option seems intrinsically safer cover-wise.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:51 am
I mean, as I said in the actual thread, I don't believe radio silence is worth it past day 1, so I at least am gonna try and encourage.
HailMarek

Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:30 am
Legit, just didn't want to count on what you said in-thread to be your actual stance.
HailMarek

Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:50 pm
No nightly news on my end so far as I can see. You get picked up?
Frenzy
Frenzy

Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:55 pm
I have been recruited to Lirua. There's no existing posts therein, sadly.
HailMarek

Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:03 pm
Damn. Well, good luck getting a conversation started if you go for it, but don't take any big risks I think - the info we can get out of it is legitimately pretty limited in value to us, AFAICT.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:30 am
Note: anonymous user "Nobody" currently a member of Lirua.
HailMarek

Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:56 am
So noted. Actually, checking my notes from earlier, I spotted that at one point early on - I think around phase 2 of role distribution - Nobody & ascendingServitor were the only ones visibly online here while Shalmoa & NemoMarx were the only ones visibly online on SV. Far from conclusive evidence but might be worth factoring in if Nobody starts looking liable to be either of those two. Inclination between the two is to guess Shalmoa b/c NemoMarx going with Nobody seems a bit too closely tied. Would also align with Shal being active in the thread relatively recently, assuming Nobody made some post that revealed their presence to you.
HailMarek

Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:57 am
To clarify, by "visibly online on SV" I mean viewing the thread, I don't actually know if more folks were online but elsewhere at the time.
HailMarek

Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:35 am
Not necessarily looking to start a real push on 99L here, just registering disapproval on "what would I normally do" grounds. If it does turn into a real push I won't complain, but do want to avoid looking like I'm just picking off LHF.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:21 pm
... Nobody either thinks I'm 99, or is testing me. Either way can probably cross them being 99 off the list.
HailMarek

Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:23 pm
Yeah, I could maybe see some players going for those sorts of headgames to try & confuse you, but it doesn't feel like a 99 move.
HailMarek

Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:25 pm
& honestly I'd give good odds on 99 being actually Uninitiated - the way they're poking at the thread so much kinda reads to me as someone frustrated with a lack of other avenues to engage with the game.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:55 pm
Worth noting: I asked Rosen, day kills do lock out our oneshot nightkill.
HailMarek

Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:24 pm
Good to know. Yet another reason to reserve them for special circumstances.

Also speaking of day kills: I checked & they resolve after the daily elimination, so if we have one on a Grand Envoy who gets voted out they won't die immediately.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:40 pm
That's a shame.
HailMarek

Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:01 pm
Looks like Nictis is predictably out for blood. We'll see if YP's weirdness acts as a sufficient diversion but I doubt it will for long. I'm gonna stick to the meso thing for as long as I can make it plausible but you're definitely gonna have to play defense. Let me know if there's anything you want me doing to support, preferably indirectly - given the danger of connectives I'd strongly prefer not to go to bat for you unless I have to.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:58 pm
Just woke up, need to catch up on stuff. Note: Gary,fred is another Lirua member.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum