Rosen's Mafia Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HailMarek

The Aetherialists - Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Aetherialists - Discussion Thread

Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:35 am
Frenzy wrote:*Sighs*

All my energy is gone at this point, so... Do what you think is best, I guess.

I'm gonna go do something else to try and take my mind off things before I go to sleep.

Okay, fair enough. Rest well. Sorry for getting us into this position.

If you're tapping out then I think I'm gonna go with my version, & accept that I get to eat my words if it turns out you're right about Comi.
HailMarek

The Aetherialists - Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Aetherialists - Discussion Thread

Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:37 am
That said, won't pull the trigger until after we get more replies in-thread or until I wake up in the morning, whichever comes first. Not gonna totally give up on wriggling out of this until I have to.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:44 am
Your version is "no gods, no kings, only men" which is a variant that AFAICT originates with Bioshock.

Yeah, but given the Aetherialists are a human supremacist movement, the last bit feels important.

Anyway. Can you explain to me why you think meso is Lirua Lesser rather than a Marek Envoy? Is it just process of elimination from your reads on Comi as Marek Lesser and QT as Marek Grand?

Yeah pretty much. I think Meso is actually the Lirua lesser, given that Nobody started posting in Lirua chat today at the same time Nemo started posting in thread.
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:57 am
Frenzy wrote:
Your version is "no gods, no kings, only men" which is a variant that AFAICT originates with Bioshock.

Yeah, but given the Aetherialists are a human supremacist movement, the last bit feels important.

Hm, point.
Frenzy wrote:
Anyway. Can you explain to me why you think meso is Lirua Lesser rather than a Marek Envoy? Is it just process of elimination from your reads on Comi as Marek Lesser and QT as Marek Grand?

Yeah pretty much. I think Meso is actually the Lirua lesser, given that Nobody started posting in Lirua chat today at the same time Nemo started posting in thread.

Oh, no disagreement that Nemo is extremely likely to be Nobody at this stage, which I suppose does indicate "likely a Grand."

For me though if that's all it is then I kinda have to lean on "play to our outs," 'cause like, meso is the only one we actually know is an Envoy of some sort. Meaning even if he's Sculptor or Hazared, Lirua can still be sold on voting him. Whereas if you're right about who Comi & Scia are then I'm not seeing a way to persuade Lirua to vote out whichever of them is the Envoy of Marek since they're unlikely to just take my word for it.

...hm. I guess I could try blackmailing Hades to lie about who they shot last night, but that seems like a dicier gamble for not enough increased reward.
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:30 am
So yeah, sticking on the "vote meso" plan until/unless noted otherwise.
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:26 pm
...huh, actually, right now I'm not dying due to falling shy of majority by a vote. I'm just gonna let this cook for a bit until someone else shows in thread or it gets close to EoD. How long do you think I need to allow for responses?
Frenzy
Frenzy

Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:40 pm
*shrugs*
Frenzy
Frenzy

Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:50 pm
You're gonna have to push *somebody* though, or you're gonna end up lynched by default.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:27 pm
Damn, I was hoping nobody would point out that error to QT.
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:46 pm
Gah. I want to leave enough time for my scheme to play out if it's needed & nobody's unvoting me yet but it also looks like they theoretically might so I'm reluctant to pull the trigger on it right now. Thoughts? Do you expect there's any real chance of this turning?
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:50 pm
Hm. I suppose I could always try just blackmailing Hades, as that'd be enough at least at the moment to spare me. & I don't feel like Ori or Shal are very likely to be swayed to not vote me today. Sound good to you?
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:08 pm
Or, actually, if you don't think you can wriggle out from Comi here then probably you should try the bargaining plan targeting Comi for today's elimination. Though it'd be less potent as you alone can't threaten total destruction to any Cult so far as they know. Hrm. Fuck. You got an exit strategy?
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:10 pm
If it helps at all, Shalmoa does think there's a credible chance of Comi being an Aetherialist at this stage, according to their posting in HadesChat at any rate.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:42 pm
yeah, I don't really have a way out here. This day has just been a long string of misplays on my end, and idk if it makes me pissed off or depressed.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:50 pm
BTW if I die, Doubleshot QT for me tonight would you? I refuse to hand Comi's team the win with this.
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:18 pm
Only if I decide winning is impossible & haven't committed my kills elsewhere. But yes, if I'm down to pure spite I'll shoot QT for you.

Anyway, with you as good as outed here, I think some explicit bargaining surrounding where our kills go is in order. You're gonna have to be the one to do it though, since I'm not quite outed yet. Let me know if you want my input into how but I'll let you make the final calls since you're the one who's gotta do it.
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:22 pm
Also I think if you just barely hit majority then it's tactically correct for me to unvote you just before EoD? It gets one of us shot by Marek almost 100% but that might occur anyway and I don't think I have an amazing chance of surviving tomorrow if you go down now, one way or another.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:23 pm
I almost wish you hadn't tossed that vote on there, there might be a legitimate chance of a no-lynch if people don't keep piling on. Too late to back out now though.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:27 pm
...Fuck. Fuck. Accidentally sent a message meant for you to Lirua chat. God fucking dammit.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:27 pm
Yeah if it turns out to be a no lynch there is... a chance we might muddle through? maybe?

NGL I'm pretty sure the game is lost to us at this point, the math has us trapped.
What I accidentally sent, for reference.

I'm going to go... lie in a pit and die inside or something, I'm sorry.
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:31 pm
Ah, it's okay, you were in a rough spot already. Work with it. You're outed there now so start bargaining.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:07 pm
Even if you unvote me at the last second and force a no-lynch, I don't know if it's physically possible for us to win. too many envoys alive, too many vests intact, not enough days to get through them all.

I am frustrated. And depressed. Depresstrated.
Frenzy
Frenzy

Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:08 pm
Lirua chat has not responded to me btw.
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:09 pm
Okay, well tell me what you threatened 'em with so I can follow through tonight, then.
HailMarek

Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:13 pm
The key to victory at this point, I think, is to lean on the mutual enmity between the cults. I'm probably going to reveal my identity to Hades tonight and start negotiating, honestly. It's still a longshot but it's not impossible IMO.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum